Sunday, March 30, 2008

broccoli and bow ties

Oh I just love when I know I get to eat this for dinner, even making it is fun. It is so easy and fresh kids will love it too. I have recently started using all fresh produce it takes only a few more seconds and the taste is way better. We all feel healthier too.

4 florets of broccoli
rinse and cut off easy bite size head pieces
boil in a few cups of water with a dash of salt until tender about 3 min

Boil 1/2 lb wheat bow tie pasta until tender
Drain water and set aside

In a sauce pan heat
2tbsp butter
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp garlic minced
and cook garlic for 1 min
Remove from heat and add
2tsp salt and pepper
1tbsp lemon juice

Mix together broccoli and pasta and sauce

Bring to the table hot and eat it up! I always make extra and save it in a tupperware for my husbands lunches. It breaks up the PB and J's :) I might add some chicken if I have some from the night before already cooked.

No comments: