Sunday, March 30, 2008

frosted jelly biscuits for breakfast

Ok I honestly did not know what to title this one. I take no credit for this recipe. At the ripe age of 12 I asked for my first recipe. We had a sleep over and Melissa's mom made these for breakfast. I have loved them ever since. They are pretty sugary but the perfect treat!

Preheat oven to 400F
2c bisquick
1/4c butter
1/4c sugar
1/2c milk
Mix together into a dough like consistency
drop onto a greased cookie sheet
hollow out a whole in the middle using th back of a spoon (almost all of the way to the sheet)
Using a spoon drop in your favorite jam or jelly (we have homemade strawberry or blackberry on hand sometimes)
Bake for 10 min

Make simple frosting using powdered sugar milk and a little melted butter
Make the frosting a little on the thick side so it can coat extra well.
I prefer to eat these hot as possible with a huge glass of milk. Maybe if you are feeling extra nice you can make these some morning and bring them into work with you! (if you have some sweet tooths at work)

No comments: