Sunday, March 30, 2008

sweet sweet meatloaf

Ok so this one I found off line almost a year ago. My husband said his favorite food was meatloaf. I personally had never had meatloaf and thought it sounded gross. So I found one that was simple and tried it out. WOW we could eat this every night! It is so good and sure to be a favorite of yours too.

groc list:
lean ground beef
brown sugar
ketchup
saltines
ground ginger
eggs
milk
salt
onion (optional)
pepper

preheat oven to 350F
In a loaf pan press in the bottom
1/2c brown sugar
1/2c ketchup

In a bowl mix well
1 1/2lbs lean ground beef
3/4c milk
2 eggs
1 1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp pepper
1/4tsp ground ginger
3/4c crushed saltines
1 sm onion chopped (optional)I leave for my husband...

Pour meat and goodies over sugar and ketchup
Cover with foil for first 30-40min
bake for an hour

I like to serve this with red potatoes, or fresh green beans both you recipes you can check out and add to your favorites.

No comments: