Tuesday, April 1, 2008

beef pot roast-slow cooker

I grew up eating pot roast often. I would always throw a fit claiming I didn't like it and would not eat it. Then of course I would end up eating it and loving it. Well now that I am older and my pallets has changes drastically, I love to make this in the morning (slow cooker meal) and enjoy it when my husband comes home.

1 bag of baby carrots
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 beef chuck roast (4 lbs) rinsed and patted dry
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 packet of onion soup mix (powder)
1c low sodium beef broth
1/4c steak sauce (A-1)
salt and pepper

Add all vegetables to the bottom of a 4-5qt slow cooker

Season roast with salt and pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
brown chuck roast on all sides
then place in slow cooker

In a medium bowl stir together
cream of celery soup
onion soup mix
beef broth
steak sauce
pour over top of roast

Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8-9hrs
or on high for 3-4hrs

When I make this I get up about 15 min earlier than normal (when I worked anyway...) and prepare it. Letting it cook all day while I am at work. When you come home the house will smell wonderful. Just make some garlic toast and EAT!

No comments: