Thursday, April 3, 2008

north shore hawaiian meatballs

Oh my word these are amazing. I would make them every night if I could!

meatballs:
1 1/4 lbs ground pork
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple including juice
1 packet onion soup mix (powder)

sauce:
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
1c hawaiian marinade
2tbsp brown sugar
3/4c pineapple juice

in a large bowl combine
pork
crushed pineapple and juice
onion soup mix
mix well (I use my hands it works better)
make 1 in meatballs

In a large skillet over medium heat stir
all sauce ingredients
bring to boil
using spoon drop meatballs into sauce
bring back to a boil
reduce to a simmer and cover
simmer for 12-15min
gently sirring occasionally
remove and serve

I serve these on top of some instant brown rice then pour some of the sauce and eat it up!!! Left overs are great for the husbands lunch the next day!

1 comment:

Comacho T. Norris said...

That is the same recipe in the cookbook I got for X-Mas. Tried them last night and they were amazing...